Dear Waratah Family,
It all starts next week!!! Well at least training does, but it is an awesome first step!!
I am very excited about the prospect of having a season and I hope you are too!
Okay, so now what happens?
Please read the following carefully as it comes with lots of important information:
- Trainings officially start next week at DOYLE GROUND, Macarthur Street North Parramatta! With all the Light Rail works happening around Robin Thomas Reserve, our historic home ground is now, sadly, NOT available for us to train or play.
- Trainings will follow strict social distancing guidelines and we must have all parents and players respect these rules. Doyle Ground is a High visibility area and we don’t want to give anyone in the neighbourhood an excuse to “dob us in”. Please follow the advice and instructions of the Coaches, Club Committee and Club Marshalls at training. I also ask that you please read the attached Guidelines booklet. Lots of it is common sense but nonetheless, very important information.
- TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS will be for all the full field teams, i.e, Under 12’s, 14’s, 16’s starting at 6:00pm; All Age Men and Premier League Squad starting at 7:30pm
- WEDNESDAYS will be for all the Miniroo (under 11 and younger) teams starting at 6:00pm.
- We ask that you all come early as hands MUST be sanitised before training and you will need to be allocated your zones on the park. Please don’t be late!
- The club will have hand sanitiser available but ideally players can come to training with their own hand sanitisers and water bottle to save a line up at the start of training. THERE CANNOT BE ANY SHARING THOUGH.
- Note that you cannot drive/travel north on Harris Street. So you will need to go through the city or detour around to James Ruse Drive and back onto the Victoria Road.
- We understand that some parents may still have concerns about sending their son or daughter to training. This is understandable, but as you can see from the attached government approved guidelines, every effort is being considered to provide a safe environment for season 2020 and we expect it will not be this strict for too long.
- If restrictions continue to be relaxed, we expect the season to kick off on Saturday 4 July 2020.
- There will be 14 rounds of soccer. No school holiday breaks. At least 2 double game weekends, ie Saturday and Sunday. The regular season will conclude late September. Then followed by the traditional finals for the full field teams
- This will be a very good concentrated season. However if you have reservations, we MUST KNOW BY 7 JUNE 2020 so that we can know exactly and advise the Association what our team numbers will be. This is very important, please. We understand some may elect not to play this season, but if it is for financial hardship reasons, please speak a Club Committee Member so that we can find a way. Indeed, please speak to the club for any inquiry, we are more than happy to assist you.
- If a player declines playing this season, I can advise that the government has confirmed that the $100 Active Kids Voucher will remain with the sporting provider, not refunded to the parents.
- QUESTION: Is it too late to register and join? We don’t like to turn any player away, so I will say it is not too late but it is subject to availability in the team. So tell your friends NOW!
We live in a world Corona pandemic, but Australia has done extraordinarily well to flatten the curve and now we can reward ourselves with playing the beautiful game. Please tell your friends and teammates to ensure everyone gets the message and We all look forward to see you next week!
GO THE ‘TAHS!!
0411 407 447